Women have had equal pay since 1969, right? So why is there still a gender pay gap and how does it affect small to medium sized businesses?
Most women workers’ expect to receive pay equal to that of a man when doing work of equal or comparable value, whether the work is similar or not, but many managers and owner managers of small businesses are less than enthusiastic about making sure they do so. By failing to explore gender pay equity in their business they may not get the best person for the job, when she is a woman.
- The business case for gender equality is strong
- About Pay Equity
- What is the Gender Pay Gap?
- Why does pay equity matter?
- How does the Pay Gap happen?
- What can businesses do to close the gap?
- Building a Pay Equity Plan
- The challenges for small to medium businesses
- Family Friendly Businesses – the benefits