The gender superannuation gap is caused by unequal pay, hours spent on unpaid work and the fact that most women work part-time or casually.
Women retire with 58% less super than men; enough only for 6 years of retirement. We recognise the super gap is only one of a number of challenges faced by your members.
eS4W has written a free eBook called Seven Secrets to Super Success.
Specific to the NFP sector, it gives you tips to overcome the challenges that women face with their superannuation. Our free eBook explains:
- What the superannuation gap is;
- Why this gap exists;
- Free strategies your organisation’s members can adopt immediately to start improving their superannuation outlook;
- How to find you lost super: did you know that there is $18 billion dollars of lost super out there?
- How to access the government co-contribution towards superannuation: highly relevant for those who earn less than $37,000 per annum;
- How to contribute more: Adding small amounts to your super constantly adds up over time, particularly due to compound interest.